How To Increase Digital-Traffic: Food Delivery
With searches like, “Restaurant Take-Out” recently growing over 400% driving traffic is critical across your restaurant’s website and various ordering platforms, ultimately your execution of marketing and advertising strategies will determine a restaurant’s success or failure. OTG has concluded that take-out and delivery will not only just remain relevant, but more consumers will adopt ordering online and restaurant owners should expect an increase in repeat orders due to COVID-19.
- 60% of U.S. consumers order delivery or takeout once a week.
- 31% say they use these third-party delivery services at least twice a week.
- 34% of consumers spend at least $50 per order when ordering food online.
- Digital ordering and delivery have grown 300% faster than dine-in traffic since 2014.
- 70% of consumers say they’d rather order directly from a restaurant, preferring that their money goes straight to the restaurant and not a third party.
We know from our previous article, “How To Drive Foot Traffic: For Restaurants” that more than 90% of consumers make most of their purchases within 15-minutes from home or work. We strongly believe consumers will echo these habits in digital-form with food delivery services (UberEats, DoorDash, Postmates, GrubHub, etc.), in other words, they want quality options with fast delivery time and will be looking for those opportunities.
So, with the increase in consumer delivery and takeout requests during COVID-19 how can restaurants increase traffic and sales?
Here is the typical process:
- Build a website/landing page with take-out and delivery functionality.
- Promote your restaurant to targeted audiences via online ads.
- Offer loyalty incentives to generate repeat customers
These options are industry standard as a way to increase online ordering, but these standards will need to be combined with a focus on relevant geographies (i.e. 15-minute radius form location) and targeted audiences (i.e. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd connections with your existing customers), which ultimately will determine your success or failure.
Here are some additional practices we’re recommending:
- Use attractive images of menu items on your website and food ordering apps.
- Build meaningful promotions that influence consumers to purchase.
- Invest in increasing your positioning on online directory listings that have historically yielded ROI.
- Invest in targeting consumers via online ads who are within a 10 – 17.5-mile radius of your location.
- Utilize your existing customer base from your POS/CRM system(s) to build a marketing list.
- Build your followers and likes count for your company page across social media platforms.
- Utilize your social media to re-target the network of your core followers and their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd connections.
Find out how you can capture and increase digital traffic utilizing DOOH Contact Sales@joinoyster.com.
OTG combines the best of both of these historic options. Your restaurant’s content budgeted, scheduled, and distributed to audiences within specific geographies in digital-form via our smart screen network. Our network is uniquely positioned to increase foot and digital traffic for restaurants as our audience is viewing scheduled content while in-transit. This offers audiences the ability to alter their destination to participating restaurants or simply get a head start on ordering dinner.
Looking to boost foot traffic? Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to gain insights & hacks to help grow your local business!